A 1994 BMW E36 M3 has been sold through global online auction platform, Collecting Cars. This example is one of the first E36 M3s sold in Australia and one of few produced in the rare combination of Dakar Yellow with the sunroof delete option.
– The updated 2020 BMW Z4 M40i with the 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder petrol engine features a power increase of 35kW to give a total output of 285kW.
– The increase means the Z4 M40i can now accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 4.1 seconds, an improvement of four tenths of a second over the previous model.
– Latest generation petrol direct-injection straight-six 3.0 litre engine (S58) with re-engineered Bi-Turbo charging and a performance-optimised cooling system.
– Maximum power of 340kW between 5,000 and 7,000rpm and torque of 700 Nm between 3,000 and 4,250rpm.
BMW’s 1 Series range was introduced in 2004. A highlight for me was the BMW 130i that came out in the mid 2000’s. I liked its purposeful styling combined with a wonderful naturally aspirated six-cylinder engine, six-speed manual gearbox and rear-wheel drive layout.
– The most powerful straight-six petrol engine ever used in a BMW M car.
– Six-cylinder 3.0-litre in-line engine with twin turbochargers has outputs of 353kW/600Nm.
– Track tested cooling and oil supply systems.
BMW M2 Competition – Significant features
– Cooling efficiency has been increased by around 20 percent thanks to new coolers and larger front apertures including the kidney grill section.
– The twin-turbo 6 cylinder engine is based on the M3 and M4 and delivers 302kW of power and 550Nm of torque.
For the whole 35 years of my life I’ve never been to a race event at the iconic Bathurst Mount Panorama circuit. Watching the Bathurst 1000 on television has always been a tradition for me, with fond memories of the Group A period in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s through to V8 Supercars and the current generation of Supercars. Continue reading “Bathurst 6 Hour”
The second generation BMW M3 was in many ways different to its predecessor, the homologation special E30 M3 built to conquer touring car racing around the world. Gone were the flared guards, wings and high revving 4 cylinder engine, replaced with a more subtle looking car with a naturally aspirated 3.0 litre 6 cylinder engine producing 210kW of power and 320Nm of torque.