– The updated 2020 BMW Z4 M40i with the 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder petrol engine features a power increase of 35kW to give a total output of 285kW.
– The increase means the Z4 M40i can now accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 4.1 seconds, an improvement of four tenths of a second over the previous model.
– Power increase comes at no cost to customers with Z4 M40i pricing remaining at $124,900.
– Updated model to arrive in BMW Australia dealerships by Q1, 2020.
– It now aligns the Z4 M40i with fellow M Performance models M340i xDrive, X3 M40i and X4 M40i, which feature the 285kW version of the famed BMW TwinPower Turbo straight six powerplant.
– It also features an engaging and high quality interior matched with an electrically-operated soft top roof incorporating a lower centre of gravity than the previous generation Z4.
– A 50:50 weight distribution, wider track, shorter wheelbase and rear-wheel-drive contribute to a highly sporty drive.
– The entry point to the range, the Z4 sDrive20i, features a 2.0-litre turbocharged four- cylinder petrol engine that produces 145kW and 320Nm. This model can also be optioned with a six-speed manual transmission to add further enthusiast appeal.
– The Z4 sDrive 20i, which is priced at $84,900 regardless of the transmission choice, achieves the standard sprint in 6.6 seconds.
– The Z4 sDrive 30i, with a tuned version of the 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine, delivers 190kW and 400Nm, which enables a 0-100km/h time of 5.4 seconds. This model is priced at $104,900.