– The most powerful straight-six petrol engine ever used in a BMW M car.
– Six-cylinder 3.0-litre in-line engine with twin turbochargers has outputs of 353kW/600Nm.
– Track tested cooling and oil supply systems.
– Eight-speed M Steptronic transmission and model-specific M xDrive all-wheel drive with rear-biased set-up and two selectable modes.
– Interplay between M xDrive, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and the Active M Differential at the rear axle optimises traction, agility and directional stability.
– Newly developed M-specific suspension with electronically controlled dampers and M-specific kinematics and elastokinematics for the front and rear axle.
– M-specific steering, M compound brakes and additional bracing elements increase rigidity of suspension mountings.
– Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds.
– Individually configurable vehicle settings: engine and transmission characteristics, DSC settings including M Dynamic Mode, damper settings, steering responses, M xDrive mode and M-specific Head-Up Display content.
– Signature M design features including particularly large air intakes in the front apron, Air Breathers with integral M gills, M-specific design for the exterior mirrors, rear apron, roof spoiler (BMW X3 M) and rear spoiler (BMW X4 M).
– 20-inch M light-alloy wheels in twin-spoke design fitted as standard.
– Sporty and luxurious motor sport ambience for the interior: M-specific instrument cluster, M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles and M buttons, M gear selector lever, red start/stop button, interior trim strips in Aluminium carbon structure. Electrically adjustable sports seats in Vernasca leather with M-specific design fitted as standard in the X3M and X4M.
– BMW X3 M fuel consumption combined is 10.5l/100km and BMW X4 M fuel consumption combined is 10.6l/100km.
BMW X3 M Competition and BMW X4 M Competition significant features
– Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.1 seconds.
– Outputs of 375kW and 600Nm.
– 21-inch M light-alloy wheels and M Sport exhaust system. Also have an optional M Carbon exterior package (expected to be available from August 2019) with exclusive design elements in carbon fibre-reinforced plastic.
– Bucket seat style M Sport seats with extended Merino leather upholstery, electric head restraint adjustment and illuminated M logo.
– Fuel consumption combined is 10.5l/100km for BMW X3 M Competition and fuel consumption combined for BMW X4 M Competition is 10.6l/100km.
– M Driver’s Package, if specified, raises top speed from 250km/h to 280 km/h or 285 km/h for the Competition models.