My favourite ever Formula 1 driver, Jean Alesi, returned to drive for Ferrari at the Monaco Historic Grand Prix 2021, held over the 23-25 April. Alesi raced in 201 Formula 1 races from 1989-2001, with his only win coming at the 1995 Canadian Grand Prix, at the wheel of a Ferrari 412 T2.
– The Toyota GR 86 is the third model in the GAZOO Racing series of sports cars, including the GR Supra and GR Yaris.
– A larger, more powerful horizontally opposed boxer engine, with an increase in displacement from 2.0 to 2.4 litres. Maximum power is boosted to 173kW and torque is now 250Nm, with a choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions.
Please visit my GoFundMe page for more information on my stolen Nissan 300ZX.
The 2021 F1 season opener was scheduled to be held at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne from 18-21 March 2021. Unfortunately, due to continuing international travel disruptions and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the event has been postponed until 18-21 November 2021.
Happy New Year everyone! It’s fair to say that 2020 had some big highs but was also hugely challenging personally. I think it’s a good opportunity to provide an update on the plans for Automotive Torque for the first half of 2021.
The Mazda MX-5 GT RS is a new enthusiast focussed variant of the famed sports car. It’s available in Roadster and RF forms and is an Australian market model. The updated Mazda MX-5 range will go on-sale in January, 2021.
GT3 racer Maro Engel has set a new overall lap record for production cars around the Nurburgring Nordschleife in a Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series, with an officially certified time of 6 minutes 43.616 seconds for the 20.6 kilometre-long track.
It’s been roughly two years since I purchased my 1990 Nissan 300ZX Z32. The following list mentions all the upgrades and maintenance items that have been done to the car in that time.
– Inspired by the i20 WRC rally car and joins the i30N and i30 Fastback N in Hyundai’s high performance line-up.
– Powered by a new generation 1.6-litre turbo GDi flat power engine with 150kW and 275Nm of torque, paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
Race results from the 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix.
– A 2.5 litre-five cylinder turbocharged engine from Audi, that produces 390kW (530hp) of power and 650Nm of torque, sending drive to the rear wheels. The injection valves, wastegate, intake system, exhaust system and software have been adapted.
– A 3.0 litre, six-cylinder in-line powerplant with BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology, with the M3 Sedan and M4 Coupe having outputs of 353kw and 550Nm. In Competition specification, these outputs rise to 375kW and 650Nm.
The new Toyota GR Yaris will storm onto the local market as a single high specification model, with an introductory price of $39,950 – limited to the first 1,000 launch vehicles sold. Online and in-dealer reservations started on the 23 September 2020, with the car arriving in November 2020. A limited edition model designed for circuit racing is due next year, called the GR Yaris Rallye.
– The new MC20 (MC for Maserati Corse and 20 for 2020) is a worthy successor to the MC12.
– A new Nettuno engine that produces 463kW (630hp) of power and 730Nm of torque, from a mid-mounted 3.0 litre twin-turbo V6.
Hyundai Motorsport has taken its second victory of the 2020 FIA World Rally Championship, with an assertive 1-2 result in Rally Estonia, the fourth round of a revised calendar.