Four-time Formula 1 champion Vettel bought Mansell’s 1992 championship winning Williams FW14B two years ago and drove it for the first time ahead of the British Grand Prix earlier this month.
– Commemorates 25 years since Prodrive entered its first two-door Subaru Impreza in the World Rally Championship.
– Draws inspiration from the Subaru Impreza WRX 22B STi road car.
– Powered by a 2.5-litre turbocharged flat four engine, with outputs of 300kW and 600Nm.
– The high-performance GR Corolla two-seater is set to join the five-seat variant in Australia in 2023, with limited allocation for the first year of production.
– Weight reduction, revised suspension, stiffer chassis and more torque than five-seater.
– Ordering for the GR Corolla to commence in Q4 2022.
– Released to mark the 50th anniversary of BMW’s M Division.
– Follows in the wheel tracks of successful special-edition models from earlier generations of the BMW M3/M4, most notably the BMW M3 CSL from 2003 and the BMW M4 GTS unveiled in 2016.
– Priced at $303,900, with Australian introduction set for Q4, 2022.
Toyota’s iconic GR Supra will be available with a manual transmission when it arrives in Australia in the final quarter of 2022. The newly developed six-speed manual gearbox has been specifically developed to match the performance characteristics of the 285kW/500Nm 3.0-litre straight six.
Nissan produced a mid-engined concept car many don’t know about called the MID4 (abbreviation for Mid-Engine Four-Wheel Drive), designed to compete against the Honda NSX and the best from Porsche and Ferrari.
Customer demand for the Lotus Emira V6 First Edition has exceeded expectations, with the entire Australian allocation of 120 cars sold out. Demand for the I4 First Edition
has been equally strong with 70% of the anticipated Australian allocation already deposited.
Hyundai’s N division is certainly flourishing in 2022, with the new i20 N joining the i30 N, i30 Fastback N, i30 Sedan N and KONA N. The i20 N is the first light hot hatch from the acclaimed N Division and is offered in a single feature-packed grade. The car is on sale now from $32,490 before on-road costs.
In this guide, I’d like to share with you the steps that I’ve taken to obtain different press cars, since starting my website Automotive Torque. I’ve found that there generally isn’t much help in this area for those starting out in automotive journalism in Australia and would like to give some guidance based off my own experiences.Continue reading “Test driving cars”
Jeff Morton, driving a 2019 Porsche GT2 RS, claimed a dominant victory at the 2022 edition of the Targa High Country. Morton, alongside co-driver Daymon Nicoli, cruised to victory in the Mt Buller GT Outright category, winning by 2 minutes 24 seconds over Angus Kennard and Steve Glenney in a 2015 Nissan GT-R. Third position went to Tony Quinn and Kate Catford in a 2018 Nissan GT-R.