I just wanted to give everyone an update on what’s happening with Automotive Torque. I’ll start of by saying that the last two months have resulted in the highest number of views for the website. Thanks to everyone for their continued support.
The legendary designer of the McLaren F1 supercar and a number of successful Formula 1 cars, Gordon Murray, has unveiled a new supercar for the road, called the Gordon Murray Automotive T.50. Like the original McLaren F1, the new car features a central driving position, six-speed manual transmission, a naturally aspirated V12 engine and an uncompromising approach to weight reduction.
– The most powerful AMG V8 series engine of all time, with an output of 537 kW (730 hp) and maximum torque of 800Nm, from a 4.0 litre bi-turbo V8 engine with a flat plane crankshaft.
– Sprints from 0 to 100km/h in 3.2 seconds and to 200km/h in less than nine seconds.
Fernando Alonso, arguably the greatest natural talent to ever compete in motorsport, is returning to Formula 1 for the 2021 season. The Spaniard retired at the end of 2018, but will be joining Renault alongside Esteban Ocon next season. Alonso won the 2005 and 2006 world championships with the team, and also raced for them in 2008 and 2009.
Toyota will be supporting the Toyota 86 racing series until the end of 2022. The Championship has been renamed the Toyota GAZOO Racing Australia 86 Series. Backing from TGR strengthens Toyota’s commitment in supporting motorsport at all levels, from the grassroots community to its world championship-winning WRC and WEC teams.
Continue reading “Toyota GAZOO Racing Australia 86 Series”
It feels like a long time ago since I did my last Tampered Motorsport track day at Sandown, back in January of this year. There was another event held in March, however I couldn’t make it as money was required for a house deposit. The next event planned for attendance was in May.
Four new Lotus Elise Classic Heritage Editions have been released that pay tribute to the company’s pioneering and highly successful racing history. All models feature instantly recognisable Lotus motorsport colour schemes and offer an enhanced exterior and interior spec over the Elise Sport 220 on which they’re based.
– To mark its 110th birthday, Alfa Romeo presents a vehicle that fully signifies a return to the brand’s origins, while paying tribute to one of the most emblematic vehicles of Alfa Romeo: Giulia GTA.
Renault Australia has announced that owners of the brand’s limited edition Megane R.S. Trophy 300 will get the chance to drive their vehicle around the Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit. Attendance at the Albert Park R.S. Track Day is available to any purchaser of this model between 01/12/19-28/02/20.
Please feel free to view my E-book and a small selection of my photos on the Etsy website. My shop is called AutomotivePics and it features car and motorsport items.
– The updated 2020 BMW Z4 M40i with the 3.0-litre turbocharged six-cylinder petrol engine features a power increase of 35kW to give a total output of 285kW.
– The increase means the Z4 M40i can now accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 4.1 seconds, an improvement of four tenths of a second over the previous model.
– Powerful 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine with 450 kW (612 hp) of power and torque of up to 850Nm, with an integrated EQ Boost starter-alternator.
– EQ Boost offers a brief and additionally available 16 kW (22 hp) of power and 250 Nm of torque.
– Unique to Australia and limited to only six units.
– Premium Monaco White paintwork that was last seen on James Bond’s Esprit in ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’.
– Specific ‘Bathurst Cup 250’ decals.
– Latest generation petrol direct-injection straight-six 3.0 litre engine (S58) with re-engineered Bi-Turbo charging and a performance-optimised cooling system.
– Maximum power of 340kW between 5,000 and 7,000rpm and torque of 700 Nm between 3,000 and 4,250rpm.
My 1994 BMW M3 E36, entered into the 2019 Shannons Club Online Show and Shine Competition.