– The high-performance GR Corolla two-seater is set to join the five-seat variant in Australia in 2023, with limited allocation for the first year of production.
– Weight reduction, revised suspension, stiffer chassis and more torque than five-seater.
– Ordering for the GR Corolla to commence in Q4 2022.
– Details on the ordering process for both variants will be announced in the fourth quarter of 2022.
– The GR Corolla two-seater features a range of performance tweaks compared to its five-seater sibling, starting with torque boosted by 30Nm to a maximum 400Nm for the turbocharged 1.6-litre three-cylinder engine. Peak power remains unchanged at 224kW.
– Lower-geared differential ratios and the use of closer ratios for first, second and third gears.
– Rear seats have been removed on the new variant and replaced by body reinforcement braces that have resulted in an overall weight reduction of 30kg (Now weighs 1440kg).
– Over 3.3 metres of additional structural adhesive has been applied throughout the vehicle to further enhance body rigidity.
– Tyres have been upgraded to high-grip 245/40R18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 rubber, that also offer 10mm-wider tread than the standard GR Corolla.
– Complementing the new tyres is an upgraded suspension system, with monotube shock absorbers fitted to the rear multi-link suspension and inverted monotube shock absorbers for the front MacPherson strut set-up.
– Front occupants are bolstered by exclusive semi-bucket seats, with a cast-black paint ornamentation on the instrument panel and doors.
– Ultrasuede upholstery on the steering wheel and centre console.
– The GR Corolla two-seater will include an option for an exclusive Metallic Matte Grey exterior hue.
– More details on the GR Corolla two-seater will be released closer to the model’s Australian launch in 2023.