The latest generation BMW M3 Competition has been performing specialist duties in the hands of Victoria Police Highway Patrol officers in recent weeks across the state. It will be used temporarily as part of the Police Highway Patrol’s vehicle evaluation and assessment process.
BMW has a strong association with Victoria Police, following deployment of BMW 5 Series Highway Patrol vehicles in 2018. BMW M Vehicles have previously been used by Victoria Police, with the M5 Competition joining the force for an evaluation period in 2019.
– Features a six-cylinder powerplant with BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology that develops 375kW and 650Nm.
– Drives the rear wheels via an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic.
– Achieves the 0-100km/h sprint in 3.9 seconds.
– Both the M3 Competition and M4 Competition are also now available with the renowned M xDrive system to deliver all-wheel-drive traction.
– Also available with six-speed manual transmissions. These models deliver 353kW and 550Nm and achieve 0-100km/h times of 4.1 seconds.
– All models come as standard with Parking Assistant Plus with surround-view camera system, Front Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning, as well as the Speed Limit Info road sign detection system.
– Driving Assistant Professional, which is standard on Competition models, includes Active Cruise Control with Stop and Go function, Cross Traffic Warning on the front and rear, Steering and Lane Control Assistant, Lane Keeping Assistant with Side Collision Warning, Crossroads Warning and Evasion Aid.
Leave a Reply