– Hyundai’s i20 N is the first light hot hatch from the acclaimed N Division.
– Offered in a single feature-packed grade.
– Powered by a SmartStream 150kW, 275Nm turbocharged 1.6 litre four-cylinder engine with overboost function, driving the front wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox and mechanical LSD.
– The engine features Flat Power tuning, an active variable exhaust, a rev-matching function, plus N Mode and N Grin Control System.
– The SmartStream G1.6 T-GDi unit features a bespoke turbocharger, intercooler and water pump system as well as a 350-bar high pressure fuel injection rail.
– Packed with convenience, connectivity and SmartSenseTM safety technologies including Blind-Spot Collision Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, City/Urban/Pedestrian camera, Driver Attention Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Following Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Parking Distance Warning, Front & Rear and Rear View Camera.
– Aerodynamic body kit, 18-inch alloy wheels and an array of driver-focused N technology.
– A 10.25-inch colour Supervision digital cluster and 10.25-inch satellite navigation infotainment unit featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
– Performance brake package is designed to handle extensive on-track punishment.
– A Namyang- and Nürburgring-honed suspension.
– Full body kit featuring a rear spoiler, 18-inch wheels wrapped in bespoke Pirelli 215/40R18 P Zero HN tyres, and bright LED headlights and taillights.
– Inside there are sports front bucket seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and alloy sports pedals.
– Bose eight-speaker audio and a DAB+ digital radio.
– Wireless (Qi standard) smartphone charging pad, a Smart key with push button start, and climate control air-conditioning.
– i20 N is available in a choice of five solid, metallic and mica shades headlined by the signature Performance Blue, with an optional contrasting roof in Phantom Black.
– Other colours include Polar White, Sleek Silver, Dragon Red and Phantom Black, with a choice of a single-tone scheme or a contrasting Phantom Black roof.
– Exterior is inspired by lessons learned in the WRC and rendered in Hyundai’s striking Parametric Dynamics design language.
– Aerodynamic front bumper design, side skirts and dual level spoiler, which reduce drag as well as the lift generated from the short overhangs when moving at high speeds.
– N touches at the front include a black chequered-flag grille insert, a red lip spoiler insert (or gunmetal with Dragon Red exterior), and LED headlights and DRLs.
– A dual-level rear spoiler, lower diffuser with integrated triangular N fog lamp, and large oval outlet for the variable exhaust.
– European-inspired packaging and low-slung sports bucket seats.
– Leather-wrapped wheel with N buttons and Performance Blue highlights and stitching.
– Ambient lighting, a leather-wrapped gearknob and handbrake and alloy sports pedals.
– A dual-height boot floor allows for a flat floor configuration for longer items, or a deep floor for taller items, while 60:40 split-folding rear backrests.
– Premium, cloth-trimmed sports bucket seats in i20 N feature pronounced bolstering that hugs front occupants’ thighs and waists.
– Extremely low slung, the seats let even the tallest drivers find the perfect position, with manual height adjustment for those with a race-driver build.
– N logoed fixed headrests and Performance Blue stitching complete a sporty theme.
– i20 N features an N-badged Smart Key that provides a full keyless experience.
– Vehicle settings and N mode settings are easily accessed via a clear and easy-to-use interface.
– A total of six drive modes are offered, including two Custom modes that let you individually map engine response, exhaust noise, steering feel, stability control and rev matching to your desired levels.
– There is also a USB charging port in the console above, and a traditional 12V outlet.
– In addition, there’s a dedicated rear USB port for second-row occupants.
– A Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD) system enables high performance with light car fuel economy – i20 N uses 6.9L/100km on the official combined cycle.
– A high-performance six-speed manual transmission equipped with a reinforced clutch enables quick, slick shifts in i20 N with the capacity for launch control starts.
– Activate rev-matching via the steering wheel button.
– Reinforcements at 12 points around the monocoque, along with additional welds, and new bolt-in underbody structures give i20 N increased rigidity.
– In addition, the front chassis structure is reworked to allow for larger air intake openings for the radiator and intercooler.
– Underpinning i20 N’s immense road and racetrack capability are a thoroughly honed strut front suspension and an N Power Sense Axle at the rear.
– i20 N also adopts revised suspension bushing design, materials and construction compared with regular i20s.
– A high performance front brake package for i20 N features 320mm front rotors.
– Air vents built into the front knuckles further aiding airflow and brake cooling.
– Combining upsized disc rotors with high friction brake pads and an enlarged brake master cylinder gives i20 N a highly responsive and fade-free brake package.
– A standard manual handbrake.
– A launch control system.
– The large, single-outlet sports muffler can operate across three settings, which can be selected in N custom mode.
– New to N Performance is N Road Sense, a sign-reading function that can detect road signs indicating curves ahead and recommend the driver switches to N mode.
– A new Track Maps feature debuting in i20 N automatically alerts you when you’re near a compatible race circuit, automatically running the lap timer as you cross the start/finish line.
– On sale now from $32,490 MLP.
Leave a Reply