Toyota Australia enjoyed a bumper year in 2018, having sold 217,061 vehicles. The brand has been the market leader for 16 years in a row and 2018 represented the fourth straight year of rising sales for the car manufacturer.
– The HiLux was Australia’s best-selling vehicle for the third year in a row with 51,705 deliveries.
– The Corolla topped the passenger-car sales chart for the sixth consecutive year.
– The Camry was the best-selling mid-size car for the 25th straight year.
– SUV sales past 80,000 deliveries and light-commercial vehicles past 70,000 deliveries.
– Eight vehicles led their segments including the Corolla, Camry, LandCruiser, Prado, LandCruiser wagon, HiLux 4×2, HiLux 4×4, HiAce van and HiAce bus.
– This year will see the return of the greatly anticipated Supra and Corolla sedan.
– The RAV4 was Toyota’s most popular SUV, while Prado, Kluger and C-HR sales grew.
– In 2018, The HiLux celebrated being half a century old by recording its one-millionth sale in Australia. It’s the top-selling commercial vehicle for the 21st year in a row. In total, 590,000 4×4 variants and 410,000 4×2 have been sold. HiLux global sales are around 18.5 million, meaning Australia has roughly five percent of all sales.If you enjoy this website, please donate to help it grow.