Toyota Australia enjoyed a bumper year in 2018, having sold 217,061 vehicles. The brand has been the market leader for 16 years in a row and 2018 represented the fourth straight year of rising sales for the car manufacturer.
– The HiLux was Australia’s best-selling vehicle for the third year in a row with 51,705 deliveries.
– The Corolla topped the passenger-car sales chart for the sixth consecutive year.
– The Camry was the best-selling mid-size car for the 25th straight year.
– SUV sales past 80,000 deliveries and light-commercial vehicles past 70,000 deliveries.
– Eight vehicles led their segments including the Corolla, Camry, LandCruiser, Prado, LandCruiser wagon, HiLux 4×2, HiLux 4×4, HiAce van and HiAce bus.
– This year will see the return of the greatly anticipated Supra and Corolla sedan.
– The RAV4 was Toyota’s most popular SUV, while Prado, Kluger and C-HR sales grew.
– In 2018, The HiLux celebrated being half a century old by recording its one-millionth sale in Australia. It’s the top-selling commercial vehicle for the 21st year in a row. In total, 590,000 4×4 variants and 410,000 4×2 have been sold. HiLux global sales are around 18.5 million, meaning Australia has roughly five percent of all sales.If you enjoy this website then please donate so that it can remain online, free to all.