– The Lotus Emira GT4 race car is an all new competition-spec GT4 challenger.
– Advanced composite bodywork makes the car exceptionally lightweight.
– Uses Toyota’s race-proven 3.5-litre V6 engine and optimised GT4 aerodynamics.
– The Lotus Emira GT4 will be officially launched later this year at an event on the iconic Hethel test track.
– Lotus aims to build a limited number of Emira GT4 race cars for the 2022 season, increasing production for 2023 in line with global demand.
Richard Selwin, Race Programme Manager, Lotus, commented: “The all-new Emira GT4 is an exciting next step following the hugely successful launch of the Emira road car. We have worked hard with the team at RML Group to ensure this next-generation of Lotus GT car will deliver race-winning performance.”
Gavan Kershaw, today the Director of Vehicle Attributes for Lotus but previously a GT championship-winning driver of Lotus race cars, has been involved in the development of the Emira GT4 from the start. He commented: “The all-new chassis on which the Emira has been developed is the perfect starting point for a high-performance race car. Everyone at Lotus is so excited to be returning to world motorsport and to be doing so with such a competitive race car.”
Lotus Emira GT4 tech spec and target performance data
|Engine||Toyota V6 2GR-FE|
|Supercharger||Harrop TVS 1900|
|Transmission||6-speed xTrac with paddleshift + limited slip differential|
|Fuel cell capacity||96-litres FIA-approved fuel cell|
|Electronics||Motec-supplied dashboard with data-logging + bespoke motorsport loom|
|Suspension||Front and rear double-wishbone / Öhlins coil-over dampers / anti-roll bars|
|Brakes||Alcon discs and calipers + Bosch Motorsport ABS|
|Tyres||Pirelli GT4 265/645×18 (front) and 305/680×18 (rear)|
|Safety equipment||FIA-compliant roll cage, six-point harness and fire extinguisher|
|Dimensions||Length 4,410mm / height 1,290mm / track 1,664mm|