The 2023 Nissan Z has been developed by a passionate team of designers and engineers and has a 50-plus year heritage and global fan base. The all-new, seventh-generation 2023 Z, which drops its numerical prefix in the U.S for the first time, is scheduled to go on sale in the U.S at Nissan dealers nationwide in spring 2022.
For the United States market, the 2023 Nissan Z will be offered in Sport and Performance grades, each with a choice of a six-speed manual or new nine-speed automatic transmission.
– A 3.0-litre V6 twin turbo engine with 400hp (298kW) and 350 lb-ft (475Nm) of torque, with drive sent to the rear wheels.
– To achieve the marked increase in horsepower and torque, small-diameter turbochargers were adopted, as well as a turbo speed sensor.
– Electronic variable valve timing (e-VVT) intake valve system.
– Comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission and includes an Exedy high-performance clutch.
– Z Performance models equipped with a manual transmission include an advanced launch assist control system.
– Manual transmission-equipped models also feature a carbon-fibre composite drive shaft, with SynchroRev Match added to manual Performance models.
– A new nine-speed automatic with aluminium paddle shifters. All automatic transmission-equipped models feature the launch control system.
– Enhanced body rigidity, electronic power steering with rack assist and wider front tires (on both Sport and Performance grades) help increase maximum cornering G up to 13 percent.
– Both front and rear dampers uxxse a new monotube shock absorber design with a larger diameter than the outgoing 370Z.
– The front double-wishbone aluminium suspension features new geometry, including increased caster angle, improving straight line stability.
– A two-point front strut tower brace is standard. The rear independent multi-link aluminium suspension has also been reconfigured with new settings.
– Two drive modes are offered on automatic transmission models, standard and sport. Sport offers faster acceleration control, a sports-mode steering algorithm, active sound enhancement and sports-mode vehicle dynamic control setting.
– All Z Performance grade models (automatic and manual) utilise a mechanical clutch-type limited-slip differential.
– Responsive braking is provided by four-wheel ventilated disc brakes. Larger sport brakes with red-painted calipers are standard on Performance grade models.
– The Z Sport grade rides on dark-painted 18-inch aluminium-alloy wheels with Yokohama ADVAN Sport high performance tires, while Z Performance grades feature 19-inch RAYS super lightweight forged aluminium-alloy wheels mounted with Bridgestone Potenza S007 high performance tires.
– Z Performance grade also gets heated side mirrors, aluminium sport pedals, dual exhaust with Performance grade muffler and heated, leather-appointed power seats.
– For the exterior, the new Z takes on a traditional rear-wheel-drive sports car design, with a long hood, lower rear stance and a silhouette that pays homage to the first-generation Z.
– The LED headlights have two half-circles that take their inspiration from the Japan market-only 240ZG.
– The roofline flows from the nose to the squared-off rear to create a distinctive first-generation Z profile.
– The rear combination lamps incorporate modern technology into the design reminiscent of the Z32 300ZX, including new 3D signature LED taillights.
– The Z Performance grade features a rear spoiler that creates positive pressure where the rear hatch and spoiler meet, mitigating rear lift.
– The front spoiler takes advantage of knowledge gained through Nissan GT-R development to utilise negative pressure zones.
– Available in three monotone exterior colours – Black Diamond Metallic, Gun Metallic and Rosewood Metallic.
– Also offered with a two-tone exterior, including six colours combined with a Super Black roof: Brilliant Silver, Boulder Gray, new Seiran Blue, new Ikazuchi Yellow, Passion Red TriCoat and Everest White Pearl TriCoat.
– The centre stack takes inspiration from other generations before it, with three analog pod gauges on the instrument panel (boost, turbo speed, volt), 8.0-inch touchscreen audio display in the centre and climate control switches near the shifter.
– All vital information is found in the 12.3-inch customizable digital meter display and arranged to help the driver grasp it at a glance, such as the redline shift point at the 12 o’clock position.
– The 12.3-inch TFT meter display is all-new with three display modes to suit driver preference. Normal, Enhanced and Sport mode can be selected with Sport mode containing a boost gauge or G meter.
– Both the manual and automatic shift levers are new, each of them custom-engineered for optimized grip and comfort.
– The new, deep-dish steering wheel offers the driver quick access controls without losing its vintage aesthetic.
– The design of the seats utilises know-how from the GT-R’s development to enhance both hold and fit.
– The 2023 Z Sport grade offers black woven cloth seats with an eight-way manual driver’s seat and four-way manual passenger seat.
– The Z Performance grade adds leather-appointed seating surfaces, four-way power driver’s seat with manual lifter, lumbar and thigh support, four-way power passenger seat and heated seats.
– Three interior colour environments are available – Black, Red and Blue.
– The special Z Proto Spec edition features yellow accents throughout the cabin, including stitching on the instrument panel.
A full range of convenience features are offered as standard equipment, including Nissan Intelligent Key with Push Button Start, Intelligent Cruise Control, Automatic Temperature Control, auto-dimming rearview mirror, RearView Monitor, two 12-volt power points, two USB points and front and rear sonar sensors. The 8.0-inch display audio touchscreen with six speakers includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System, Streaming Audio via Bluetooth, SiriusXM Radio, Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant and Siri Eyes Free. The Z Performance grade includes a 9.0-inch touchscreen with navigation and NissanConnect Services with Wi-Fi hotspot. Also included is an 8-speaker Bose Audio system with Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement.
All models include a range of standard driver assistance and safety technologies, including Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High Beam Assist and Intelligent Forward Collision Warning.
One special edition is available, celebrating the distinctive Z Proto introduced in 2020 – called the Proto Spec. Limited to just 240 units in the U.S., the Proto Spec model includes yellow-coloured brake calipers with Z logo, bronze-coloured 19-inch RAYS aluminium-alloy wheels, exclusive shift lever knob (6MT only), exclusive Proto Spec leather-appointed seats with yellow accents, exclusive Proto Spec suede, cloth door trim with yellow stitching and special Proto Spec interior stitching.
If you enjoy this website, please donate to help it grow.