The Mazda MX-5 GT RS is a new enthusiast focussed variant of the famed sports car. It’s available in Roadster and RF forms and is an Australian market model. The updated Mazda MX-5 range will go on-sale in January, 2021.
– Available exclusively with the 135kW SKYACTIV-G 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine and SKYACTIV-MT six-speed manual transmission.
– Brembo brake package on the front axle, incorporating an opposed four-piston aluminium caliper arrangement on each corner, clamping a 280mm x 22mm front ventilated disc brake. – The internal disc cooling fins have been designed in a ‘pillar’ arrangement to further assist brake cooling.
– A high-performance brake pad specification offers stronger pedal feedback while improving fade resistance by 26 per cent.
– The Brembo front brake package reduces unsprung mass by 2kg, improving every aspect of the MX-5 GT RS’s handling dynamics.
– Features a specific 17-inch forged alloy wheel, designed by renowned high-end wheel manufacturer, BBS. These are fitted with Bridgestone Potenza S001 tyres, measuring 205/45/R17.
– Bilstein gas-pressurised dampers that are designed to deliver track-ready grip and feedback, while still smoothing off the sharpest road edges in day-to-day driving.
– A solid alloy strut tower brace, linking the front suspension struts for improved rigidity and steering response.
– Both MX-5 GT RS Roadster and RF models also gain black mirror caps for further aesthetic appeal.
– Wireless Apple CarPlay has been added as standard equipment to all models, connecting seamlessly to the 7.0-inch touchscreen MZD Connect Display.
– A new Deep Crystal Blue paint finish joins Snowflake White Pearl, Jet Black, Machine Grey Metallic, Soul Red Crystal Metallic and Polymetal Grey Metallic on the external colour palette.
– On the inside, Pure White nappa leather upholstery is now available on the luxurious, range topping Mazda MX-5 RF GT Black Roof model.
Mazda MX-5: model line-up and pricing
|Grade||Specification||MRLP (ex. on-road costs)|
|MX-5 Roadster||1.5-litre manual||$36,090|
|MX-5 Roadster||1.5-litre automatic||$38,090|
|MX-5 Roadster GT||2.0-litre manual||$44,020|
|MX-5 Roadster GT||2.0-litre automatic||$46,020|
|MX-5 Roadster GT RS||2.0-litre manual||$47,020|
|MX-5 RF||2.0-litre manual||$41,400|
|MX-5 RF||2.0-litre automatic||$43,400|
|MX-5 RF GT||2.0-litre manual||$48,100|
|MX-5 RF GT||2.0-litre automatic||$50,100|
|MX-5 RF GT RS||2.0-litre manual||$51,100|
|MX-5 RF GT Black Roof||2.0-litre manual||$49,120|
|MX-5 RF GT Black Roof||2.0-litre automatic||$51,120|