– The most powerful AMG V8 series engine of all time, with an output of 537 kW (730 hp) and maximum torque of 800Nm, from a 4.0 litre bi-turbo V8 engine with a flat plane crankshaft.
– Sprints from 0 to 100km/h in 3.2 seconds and to 200km/h in less than nine seconds.
– Engine has dry sump lubrication, new camshafts and exhaust manifolds. Turbocharges have larger compressor wheel and larger intercoolers have been added.
– Power is transmitted to the rear wheels via the seven-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7G dual clutch transmission, which is located on the rear axle in a transaxle arrangement for optimal weight distribution, as is the case for all AMG GT models.
– The ‘torque tube’ is made of carbon fibre and, at just 13.9 kilograms, is around 40 percent lighter than its already weight-optimised aluminium counterpart in the AMG GT.
– A new, significantly larger radiator air inlet, which stems directly from the AMG GT3 racing car.
– The new design language combines maximum cool air efficiency with lower air resistance and an increased level of downforce at the front.
– The carbon-fibre front splitter has two manually adjustable settings (Street and Race – Race exclusively for use on racetracks) and can therefore be adapted to meet various track requirements.
– Another direct derivative from motorsport is the new carbon-fibre bonnet, with two large exhaust air outlets made from black finished carbon surfaces.
– Active aerodynamics and a design which stems directly from the current AMG GT3 racing car.
– The rear view is characterised by the new rear apron with a large diffuser, two rounded twin tailpipe trims on the outside left and right, side wheel arch ventilation, and the innovative rear aerofoil, made in carbon fibre.
– Both aerofoil blades are made from carbon fibre, can be mechanically adjusted and therefore adapted to various track conditions.
– Four different activation strategies can be run on wing, depending on whether AMG DYNAMICS Basic, Advanced, Pro or Master has been selected.
– The flat underbody is equipped with specially designed longitudinal fins. These air channellers have been meticulously optimised to ensure optimal air flow to the rear diffuser.
– A lightweight carbon-fibre roof, with a sunken centre, as well as the carbon-fibre tailgate with small spoiler lip and larger rear windscreen made from lightweight thin glass.
– The standard ceramic high-performance compound brake system with black painted brake callipers and white lettering is also characterised by low weight and high performance.
– AMG coil-over suspension with adaptive adjustable damping. Also, there’s manually adjustable camber at the front and rear axle.
– The driver can also adjust the adaptive damping characteristics at the touch of a button in the AMG DRIVE UNIT or by using the AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive modes. Three modes are available: “Comfort”, “Sport” and “Sport Plus”.
– A Pilot Sport Cup 2 R MO tyre, specially customised for the Black Series, has been developed in collaboration with MICHELIN. The sizes are 10 J x 19 wheels with 285/35 ZR 19 tyres (front) and 12 J x 20 wheel with 335/30 ZR 20 tyres (rear).
– Standard AMG 10-spoke forged wheels in matt black.
– The AMG TRACTION CONTROL has been extensively tailored to meet the requirements of the new Black Series and allows preselection of one of nine slip settings on the live rear axle. It is operated via a separate adjuster in the central console.
– Exclusive nappa leather is combined with sporty DINAMICA microfibre in black with orange contrasting topstitching.
– The AMG carbon-fibre bucket seats (not available in the USA, Canada and China) combine low weight with optimum lateral support.
– The AMG GT Black Series features the fully digital instrument displays from the AMG GT family with an instrument cluster measuring 12.3 inches in front of the driver, and a 10.25-inch multimedia monitor on the centre console.
– The AMG Performance steering wheel is also adopted from the AMG GT family. It is characterised by its sporty design, a flattened bottom section with a heavily contoured rim and intuitive operation.
– The AMG Track Package is available as an option in several markets (only in combination with the AMG carbon-fibre bucket seats – not for the USA, Canada and China). It comprises a roll-over protection system, 4-point seatbelts for driver and front passenger, and a 2 kg fire extinguisher.
– Combined fuel consumption of 12.8 l/100 km.