– To mark its 110th birthday, Alfa Romeo presents a vehicle that fully signifies a return to the brand’s origins, while paying tribute to one of the most emblematic vehicles of Alfa Romeo: Giulia GTA.
– The acronym GTA stands for “Gran Turismo Alleggerita” (alleggerita being the Italian term for “lightened”), and it originated in 1965 with the Giulia Sprint GTA, a specific version derived from the Sprint GT.
– Based on the Giulia Quadrifoglio, the new Giulia GTA is fitted with a more powerful version of the Alfa Romeo 2.9 V6 Bi-Turbo engine, now with 540 hp (402kW).
– A GTAm (modified) variant is an extreme 100% “street legal” version of the GTA, characterised by two racing seats, roll bar and six-point safety belts.
– In the GTA version, Giulia offers four seats, no rear roll-bar; spoiler and splitter optimised for daily use on the road; the same door panels, seats and windows as those of the Giulia Quadrifoglio.
– With its extensive use of ultra-light materials, GTA and GTAm benefit from a weight reduction of approximately 100kg compared to the Giulia Quadrifoglio.
– Technical know-how on aerodynamics, setup and handling has come directly from Formula 1, thanks to Sauber Engineering.
– Model specific side skirts, rear spoiler and active front splitter.
– Titanium Akrapovič central exhaust system integrated in the carbon fibre rear diffuser.
– 20-inch centre lock wheels, appearing for the first time on a sedan.
– Front and rear wheel tracks widened by 50mm, with a new set of springs, shock absorbers and bushings.
– On GTAm, the aerodynamic front piece has been optimised to an extreme level, by adding a larger front splitter and a real carbon rear wing.
– 100% Alcantara used on the dashboard, door panels, glove compartment, side pillars and the central trim on the seats.
– Alcantara is used even more extensively on the GTAm version, where the rear bench has been removed, leaving room for a fully upholstered “basin”, hosting specific moldings deigned to hold helmets and fire extinguisher.
– In the new GTAm, the interior is unique in that it features a roll bar, no door panels or rear seats and the door is opened with a belt in place of the handle.
– Adoption of lightweight materials such as carbon fibre for the drive shaft, hood, roof, front bumper, front wheel arches, rear wheel arch inserts and, on the GTAm, the shell of the specific sporting seats.
– Further, lightweight aluminum is used in the engine, doors and suspension systems, and various other composite materials are used throughout.
– Acceleration from 0 to 62 mph (100km/h) is achieved in 3.6 seconds, thanks to the Launch Control system.
– Available in only 500 certified, numbered units in total. Lucky buyers will receive an exclusive customer experience, with one-to-one sales process and dedicated experience package.
– Includes a specific driving course devised by the Alfa Romeo Driving Academy.
Leave a Reply