– A new four-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo technology with outputs of 225 kW and 450 Nm. The engine comprises a reinforced crankshaft, a main bearing with an extended cross-section, specific pistons, connecting rods and a new vibration damper with optimised cooling. The considerably increased output compared to the previous engine is also helped along by the bigger turbocharger.
– The Clubman accelerations from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.9 seconds, with the Countryman achieving the sprint in 5.1 seconds – 1.4 and 1.5 seconds faster than in the respective previous models.
– Top speed now electronically limited to 250 km/h.
– MINI ALL4 all-wheel drive offered as standard. The ALL4 all-wheel drive system plays a central role in optimising the cars’ traction, agility and driving stability.
– A new eight-speed Steptronic sports transmission with integrated mechanical differential lock for the front wheel.
– Shift paddles are mounted as standard on the steering wheel for manual gear selection.
– The sport brake system has also been redesigned and now contains four-piston, fixed-caliper disc brakes on the rear wheels. Discs are 360 millimetres diameter at the front and 330 millimetres at the rear.
– Both models possess a newly developed precision strut for the engine compartment.
– Readjusted suspension and damping systems, Dynamic Stability Control and electromechanical steering.
– Cooling concept that incorporates know-how from the race track.
– A brand new exhaust system.
– A specifically engineered chassis with additional reinforcement modifications for the body structure.
– 18 inch John Cooper Works light metal wheels in Black Grip Spoke design.
– The red-coated brake calipers at the front bear the John Cooper Works logo.
– New LED headlights with Matrix high beam function and LED rear lights in Union Jack design.
-Optional contrast paintwork in red for the roof and the mirror caps, an individual design for the side scuttles by the additional indicators, and the John Cooper Works logo in the radiator grille and tailgate.
– John Cooper Works sports seats with integrated head rests, John Cooper Works sport steering wheel with multifunction buttons, John Cooper Works selector lever and anthracite headliner.
– Includes LED headlamps, keyless ride, MINI Driving Modes, and the Radio MINI Visual Boost including 6.5 inch display with touchscreen function and a redesigned graphical display.
– A choice of special equipment options, including Connected Navigation as well as Connected Navigation Plus with an 8.8 inch touch display.